Friday, July 16, 2010

Digital Tool 2: Concept Mapping for Learning

Concept mapping is quite a concept, and will be a very useful tool in my classroom in the future for both me and my students. Concept mapping is an organisation of ideas that can expand thinking. As a teacher, I could use this tool to collaborate with student in a group discussion and build upon ideas or brain storm and generally achieve higher order thinking in my students. I would particularly favor the use of concept mapping in group work using the 'Mindmap' program.

I found the 'Mindmap' program more user friendly than the 'Bubbl' program. I got very lost on the Bubbl program and could not manage to join the boxes and kept creating bubbles that over lapped.

Below is an example of the potential of the 'Mindmap' program:




No comments:

Post a Comment